- Ph.D. (2019) and M.Phil (2017) in linguistics, Graduate Center of the City University of New York
- M.A. in English linguistics, Hanyang University (Seoul, Korea).
Namseok Yong received his Ph.D. (2019) and M.Phil (2017) in linguistics from the Graduate Center of the City University of New York (CUNY) and M.A. (2010) in English linguistics from Hanyang University (Seoul, Korea). He specializes in Korean linguistics (Morphology and Syntax) and psycholinguistics.
His research interests include:
- Online sentence processing: Role of prediction in online sentence processing; Processing of (un)bounded dependencies
- Second/Foreign Language Acquisition
- Instructional technology; teaching methodology
He was appointed as a Korean language lecturer in the Department of East Asian Studies (EAS) at Princeton University in 2019. Before joining EAS, he taught all levels of Korean language courses and intro-level Korean linguistics at Queens College – CUNY.